Monday 3 January 2022

January 3, 1992: We moved a retired Calvinist Dutch Reform minister into his first house not owned by the church


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday morning I got another ride from Mike to the shop in Brampton and only had to wait half an hour this time before going to work. I had a long ride with Ray and Mike Lagrangeur hauling stuff they'd loaded the day before to down around London. We moved a retired Calvinist Dutch Reform minister into the first house he'd ever owned independent of the church. During a break I sat down in his living room and he came to chat with me. The former preacher didn't give us a tip but he fed us coffee and donuts and said he would write us a letter of recommendation. When we got back to the shop we were given our cheques. Ray dropped me off at Kipling and I picked up some groceries and a lottery ticket on the way home. I watched TV and didn't get much cleaning done. I called Nancy and she said I could see my daughter on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment