Monday 10 January 2022

January 10, 1992: I gave Jackie my number with no hope of her calling but I was glad for the contact


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday I got up at around 9:30 and went up to Yamaha. For the first time I took the LRT to get there and it was so amazingly close to Sheppard I didn't know why I'd never gone that way before. Once I got there I didn't have to wait for the guys this time to bring my cheque. They were going to give me a ride downtown but there was a change of plan and they had to go in another direction. 
            I traveled by transit to the Manulife Centre where I cashed my cheque and paid $20 on my phone bill. I went to Tea Masters to get a coffee and this cute black woman named Jackie who worked behind the counter started talking with me about movies. I gave her my number with not a lot of hope that she would call me but I was glad for the contact of passing it to her and suddenly I'm in a good mood.
            In the Bay Subway there is this big, gorgeous, butch country singer playing guitar and dancing while she belts out Elvis. I give her $2 and then go down to University and Dundas to make my Legal Aid payment. I go up to Bloor and Bathurst where I buy some comics. I go down to Spadina and College to buy an empty hard cover book for writing and then south to Queen to get some more comic books.

No comments:

Post a Comment