Saturday 1 January 2022

Wilson Cruz


            On Friday morning I finished working out the chords for the intro to “Arthur, où t'as mis le corps?” (Arthur, Where'd You Put The Corpse?” by Boris Vian. 
            I memorized the second verse of “Chasseur d'ivoire” (Ivory Hunter) by Serge Gainsbourg and made some more adjustments to my translation. 
            I weighed 86.7 kilos before breakfast. 
            Around midday I spent about an hour on my kitchen cleaning project. I finished washing all of the containers on my kitchen shelves above the sink. Then I removed everything from the middle and bottom shelves and cleaned the middle shelf. I didn't have time to wash the bottom shelf but all the stuff from it had to be taken down to save it from dirty water dripping on it from above. All the food items from the shelves are now on the table waiting to be put away. I'll finish cleaning the bottom shelf before I do that. 
            I weighed 86.5 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride only as far as Bloor and Dovercourt because my knee has been bothering me a bit. I weighed 86.5 kilos when I got home. 
            I got caught up on my journal at 17:45. 
            I turned off my computer and turned it back on to refresh it so it would behave better while working on my Movie Maker project. But when I tried to watch my video so far for “Instructions For Electroshock Therapy” it froze. I shut down again and when I started again it didn't freeze fully but it did in moments and it seems always at the same moments of the timeline. Other videos that I've made have been choppy in the editor but came out clean in the final render so hopefully that will happen with this one. But this is the biggest video I've made and I wonder if I'm overloading the program. It could also be just the fact that I have a weak computer. 
            I synchronized another segment of the video between the studio audio and the concert video. It goes out of sync again when I begin the next verse because I sing slower in the concert than I do in the studio. I'll need to find some video now that fits with the line, “We dance some sparks through twisted wires.” 
            I had a beer while going through a file folder to sort out all the writing I've done for which there are already copies on my computer. There was quite a lot so I threw it away and I know there's still more in other folders as well. I also tried to separate all the poems that I wrote while running the Orgasmic Alphabet Orgy because it's those poems that I hope to put in my next book. 
            I had a potato with gravy and a couple of pieces of chicken with another beer while watching the fourth episode of the fourth season of Star Trek Discovery. 
            This story, as well as a lot of this season seems to be a little too much of, “Let's talk about our feelings.” Michael and Saru are invited to attend negotiations between the Federation and Ni'var towards Ni'var returning to the Federation. Things reach a stalemate when Ni'var asks for an exit clause in the treaty. President Rillak says that such a clause would encourage other members to ask for the same thing and she argues that this would weaken the Federation. During the break it becomes obvious that there is a growing attraction between Saru and Ni'varan President T'rina. Michael finally offers the solution of an independent oversight committee to act in negotiations between the Federation and all member worlds. With her unique situation of having been raised on Vulcan, which is now Ni'var and of also being a Starfleet captain, Michael offers to serve on such a committee. Both the Federation and Ni'var accept that proposal and Ni'var agrees to rejoin the Federation. President Rillak later reveals to Michael that she anticipated such an outcome and that's why she invited her to be a guest. 
            Meanwhile Book is getting grief therapy from Culber. Booker is asked to construct a three dimensional mandala from a programmable matter simulation of the sand of Kwejian. He does it eventually. 
            Culber also has a session with Tilly and recommends that she participate in a training outing for some Starfleet cadets. She takes Adira along. Something goes horribly wrong on their way to a data gathering mission and the shuttle crashes on an ice moon, killing their pilot. There are crab monsters in the ice attracted to their equipment and they have no choice but to travel across the ice to a ridge where their tricorders will work and they can signal to be beamed up. There are tensions between the cadets because the people of one had been slaves of those of another. But the descendant of the slaves learns that the descendant of slave owners is the son of a father who was an abolitionist. They make it to the ridge but the monsters are after them. Tilly acts as a decoy and the monsters chase her while the others signal for transport. Tilly is saved just in time. Kovich asks Tilly to become a teacher at the Academy and she decides that's what she wants to do and so she leaves Discovery.
            It's interesting to have David Cronenberg on Star Trek simply because he's David Cronenberg, but he's really a lousy actor as Kovich. 
            Culber is played by Wilson Cruz, who was kicked out by his family in his teens when he revealed that he was gay. He is also a singer and has appeared in musicals as well as toured the United States with The Young Americans. He joined the TV series “Great Scott” as a regular in 1991. He played Rickie Vasquez on My So Called Life. He starred in the film “The Ode.”

No comments:

Post a Comment