Wednesday 12 January 2022

January 12, 1992: I was distracted on the bus by a Mormon woman from the States who sat down beside me and started to evangelize


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday I brought the sleeping bag with me that I'd recovered from the lost and found as I made my way up to Nancy's place, but I left it on the bus. I was distracted by this Mormon woman from the States who sat down beside me and began to evangelize. I told her about astrology and she took my number to arrange for someone to visit me. 
            I called Nancy from Bamburgh Plaza and she said I could pick up the baby and take her out by myself and she would be along later. I first took my daughter to McDonalds and then to the Greek place where she fell asleep in the carriage. I stayed until the place closed and then went to the donut shop from where I called Nancy. There had been a misunderstanding and she explained that she had only planned on coming when the baby was hungry. She woke up there and then Nancy came half an hour later. After a while, she took her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment