Friday 6 October 2023

Megaphor (Acoustic)

                     
                                          https://youtu.be/Xcwrjv-wQCI   

            On Thursday morning I uploaded “Lost Song” by Serge Gainsbourg to my Christian’s Translations blog and started the editing process to prepare it for publication. I should have it posted on Friday. 
            I played my Kramer electric guitar for the second day of four during song practice. I weighed 86.1 kilos before breakfast. 
            Around midday I took measurements of the floor area that I need to cover around my kitchen counter. I researched the idea of putting wall paneling down on the floor and then just painting it. I’ll ride up to Merit on Friday to ask about it. 
            I weighed 85.5 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride and stopped at Freshco on the way back. I only found one bag of grapes that weren’t too soft. I bought a pack of strawberries, two packs of raspberries, bananas, a pack of five-year-old cheddar, a jug of orange juice, a jug of limeade, Full City Dark coffee, and a bag of Miss Vickie’s chips. 
            I weighed 85.6 kilos at 17:30. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 18:23. 
            In Movie Maker I republished the video of my August 5 performance of my song Megaphor, this time with the highest possible definition and it looks a lot better than the one I rendered on Wednesday. I uploaded it to YouTube and posted the YouTube video on Facebook and Twitter. 
 

            I continued searching for a video clip that could fit with the line from my song Megaphor: “It licks my face to test the flavour”. I couldn’t find anything good with an animal, beast, or monster but I remembered the iconic face licking scene between Catwoman and Batman in Batman Returns and downloaded that. I converted it to WMV and imported it into the Movie Maker project to create a video for the studio audio of Megaphor. I copied it to the end of the timeline and edited out everything but the licking. I inserted that clip into the main video. Next I need to see if I can synchronize the concert video with the studio audio of my line, “I’m just a little too bitter for its sheltered taste”. I’ll work on that on Friday. 
            I cleaned, and scanned a strip of uncut colour negatives. They’re mostly street shots and pictures of the Lakeshore but there are a few of my ex-girlfriend Brenda sleeping. I cut them into strips of five, put them in a labelled envelope and filed them. 
            I had a potato with gravy and two pork ribs while watching the rest of the extras from the Petticoat Junction box set that I downloaded. There were ten more intros by Linda Henning to the first season and then there was a file of the second season with the original commercials, which I quickly skimmed through. 
            I watched the series premier of Green Acres. Oliver Wendell Douglas has always wanted to have a farm because he was born on one. But we find out later that he was only born on one because his father’s car broke down on a farm on the way to the hospital. His father forces him to be a lawyer even though he tells him his dream of farming. He eventually becomes a very successful and rich attorney, living in a Park Avenue penthouse with his beautiful Hungarian wife Lisa. To appease her husband’s desire to farm she clears the balcony of furniture so he can farm in the city. Instead of flowers he grows farm vegetables such as corn. One day in the Farmers Gazette he reads about a farm for sale in Hooterville. While on a trip to Chicago for a court case he stops off in Hooterville and buys the Haney place. Meanwhile in Sam Drucker’s store, Sam, Joe Carson, Floyd Smoot and Fred Ziffle are discussing the fact that some idiot bought the run down farm known as the Haney Place. Then Oliver comes in to catch the train and they learn that it’s him. Sam welcomes him to the valley. When Oliver gets home he tells Lisa about his purchase and she begins screaming. They negotiate and she agrees to try it for six months. She is extremely disappointed when they pull up at the dilapidated farm house of the Haney Place.

No comments:

Post a Comment