Saturday 21 October 2023

October 21, 1993: When I asked Diana Dufretes if she was sexually attracted to me she told me she obviously wasn't


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday morning I posed at the Avondale Alternative Secondary School. After work I called Tom Smarda and we met to practice for my November 1 show at Crickets. That night I went to Mudds Cabaret. Cassis gave a performance art exhibition in which she slowly covered a naked man in a body cast. I read on the open stage. Diana Dufretes was there and we left together with her friends. As we were walking I asked her if she was sexually attracted to me. She said she wasn’t and told me that it should be obvious when a woman is attracted to someone. Then we had a long, seemingly unrelated argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment