Tuesday 24 October 2023

Robert Foulk


            On Monday morning I searched for the chords for "C'était une pauv' gosse des rues" (She Was a Poor Child of the Street) by Boris Vian, but no one has posted them. I worked out the first chord for the intro. This song shouldn’t be hard to chord since there’s no chorus and no changes as far as I can tell from verse to verse. 
            I memorized the second verse of “L'amour de moi” (The Love of My Life) by Serge Gainsbourg. That’s half the song. I also made adjustments to my translation. 
            I played my Kramer electric guitar for the final session of four. I had to tune it twice because it doesn’t seem to like the dryness now that the heat is on more often. 
            I weighed 86.1 kilos before breakfast, which is the heaviest I’ve been in the morning in a week but far from as heavy as last Monday. 
            Last night I was too sleepy to finish my review of Green Acres and so I did it around midday. 
            I weighed 85.7 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride downtown and stopped at Freshco on my way back. I bought four bags of black grapes. 
            I weighed 85.4 kilos at 17:30. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 18:07. 
            In the Movie Maker project for my August 11, 2023 song practice I worked on synchronizing the video recording with the audio recording. They had been almost lined up yesterday and so I just removed small sections of the video to edge the two closer together. But then I noticed they were getting further apart and I remembered that yesterday I’d been removing the audio to synchronize them. So I returned to cutting the audio until I realized that part A of that song practice was missing from the timeline. I’d been trying to line the audio up with part B. I know they were both on the timeline yesterday but this time I somehow removed part A. So I inserted Part A of August 11 but they still weren’t lining up. Then I realized that I’d inserted Part A from August 11, 2022. So I removed that and inserted Part A of August 11, 2023. I removed all of the imported files from 2022 so I wouldn’t make that mistake again. I managed to get the two parts synchronized up to the point where they are just slightly out of synch and there’s an echo. I stopped there and I’ll decide tomorrow if I want an echo or not. 
            In the Movie Maker project to create a video for the studio recording of my song Megaphor I continued to shorten the concert video of the instrumental because it’s longer than the one we recorded at Mike’s place. I got them almost lined up and quit for the day with the concert video only slightly behind. I’ll see if I can synchronize the concert video with the beginning of the last verse tomorrow. 
            I made a new batch of gravy from pork drippings I’d collected a few weeks ago but it turned out very thick. Tomorrow I’m roasting a whole chicken and so I’ll add some drippings from that to thin out the gravy. I had some of the thick gravy with a small potato and a chicken leg while watching season 2, episodes 4 and 5 of Green Acres.
            In the first story a farmer from the other side of the valley is coming to consult Oliver on a legal matter. Oliver puts on his business suit and goes to work in the field. He tells Lisa to send the farmer out to him when he arrives. But the farmer turns out to be a beautiful woman named Amy Collins. Lisa is immediately jealous and Amy doesn’t help matters when she asks her if she’s sick and tells her that her mother always wears a nightgown like hers when she’s sick. Amy finds Oliver in the field and he’s very impressed to learn that she has 1200 acres. He goes to her place to discuss her case and she gives him a tour of her impressive farm. She’s developed her own strain of corn. She cooks him dinner, pot roast, potatoes and biscuits with gravy and so Oliver comes home to Lisa quite late. She is very jealous. The next night Oliver invites Amy to their house for dinner. Lisa spends half the day learning statistics about farming from Hank Kimball and the second half learning how to make pot roast from Doris Ziffel. That night while Oliver and Amy discuss business Lisa feels more and more left out and drinks until she’s unconscious. The next day she is about to enter Sam’s store to buy aspirin when she hears Doris Ziffel inside telling someone about a man who is cheating on his wife and had the nerve to bring her home to dinner. He slipped a mickey in his wife’s drink. She hears that they have bought tickets to South America and are meeting at the bus depot to run away together. When Lisa confronts Oliver with this he doesn’t know what she is talking about. But then Doris comes to watch TV because hers is broken and she has to see her favourite show. The story she describes is exactly what Lisa heard her relate at Sam’s store. Oliver shows Lisa the show and she realizes her mistake. He reminds her that he doesn’t want anybody but her. 
            In the second story the Hooterville phone company wants to disconnect Oliver’s line because he hasn’t paid his bill in three months. He says he refuses to pay his bill as long as he has to climb a pole outside his house to make and receive calls. Meanwhile Ralph Monroe is upset because Hank Kimball keeps standing her up. She can’t work on finishing Oliver and Lisa’s bedroom because she’s crying all the time. Lisa wants to give her a makeover and it will take a few days and so Oliver has to sleep with Eb in the barn loft. It doesn’t work out well for Oliver because he injures his head on the roof and falls out of the loft and hurts his wrist. Chairman Trendall of the phone company comes to talk with Oliver and agrees to run a line into the house. Oliver asks Hank to dinner to get this problem with Ralph over with so he can sleep in his own bed again. Meanwhile Lisa tells Ralph that to catch Hank there needs to be competition. Just then Tom Blackwell arrives to put the line in for the phone but Lisa invites him to dinner. That night Tom and Hank meet a transformed Ralph with false eyelashes and makeup but one of her eyes keeps getting stuck. She does look better but they find her scary, especially when Lisa tells the men that they are in competition for marrying Ralph. Both men leave and Ralph cries but she gets over it. However, Tom runs away without connecting the phone. 
            Trendall was played by Robert Foulk, and he made a total of sixteen appearances as that character on Green Acres. He became interested in acting while studying architecture. He became a casting agent for Broadway productions and became friends with legendary producer George Abbott, who cast him in a string of Broadway hits. Bette Davis helped him get hired as a dialogue director at Warner Brothers. During the war he enlisted in the US Army and was assigned to a unit that made training films. His first Hollywood film as an actor was Road House in 1948. He appeared on three episodes of Tombstone Territory. Meanwhile he continued as an architect and designed houses in Hollywood. He played Sheriff Miller on the 1950s Lassie TV series. He was on thirteen episodes of The Loretta Young Show. He played Ed Davis on Father Knows Best.




No comments:

Post a Comment