Sunday 1 May 2022

May 1, 1992: It was covered in shiny red paper and tied it with coloured plastic string. My daughter was going to have a ball tearing the wrapping apart


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday I left my place at around 9:00 and headed up to Yonge and Sheppard. I got a coffee and walked to the alternative school at 171 Avondale. It was a longer and colder walk than I’d expected it to be. I worked for Diane Pugen who was the first teacher I’d ever modeled for back in the early eighties. She was late this time but once she’d arrived, I posed from 11:00 to 12:30. After work, I went back to the Sheppard Centre where I got a slice of pizza and a yogourt shake. Then I headed up to Toys R Us at Yonge and Steeles to check out potential first birthday presents for my daughter. The bead maze they had looked more cheaply made than the one I’d seen on Queen Street, and it cost $10 more, so I headed down to the Beaches and bought the other one. The girl wrapped it in shiny red paper and tied it with coloured plastic string. My daughter was going to have a ball tearing the wrapping apart. I went home and called to talk to her on the phone, but she still didn’t know it was me.

No comments:

Post a Comment