Saturday 28 May 2022

Rachael Ancheril


            On Friday morning I started memorizing “Valse Dingue” (Mad Waltz) by Boris Vian. 
            I finished working out the chords for “Alice hélas” (Alice Alas) by Serge Gainsbourg and ran through the song in French and English. I uploaded it to Christian’s Translations and will probably have it published on the blog tomorrow. 
            I weighed 85.7 kilos before breakfast. That's almost a kilo more than two days before but I ate a lot on my birthday yesterday. 
            Around midday, I removed some of the nails from the bottom drawer of my living room dresser and glued the front on. For the last few months, it’s just been wedged in to make it look aesthetically complete. But after I glued the sides and the drawer slats of the dresser yesterday, the front of the bottom drawer couldn’t fake it anymore and it had to be attached for real. 
            I weighed 85.9 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon, as I was getting ready for my bike ride I saw that my gluing job on the bottom drawer of my dresser was not complete. The right side had not been glued, and so I quickly put some glue there and put my concrete block doorstop on top. I left it there and went for my bike ride downtown. 
            On the way back I stopped at Freshco where I bought three bags of cherries, four bags of black grapes, a pint of strawberries, a pint of blueberries, two jugs of orange juice, one jug of limeade, two bags of kettle chips, and a can of peaches. At the checkout, a man in an electric wheelchair behind me asked with surprise, “Why did you buy all that fruit? Are you going to eat it?” I said, “Yes, I like fruit.” “No kidding!” he exclaimed. Then he showed me the two bags of clementines he’d bought and described to me how good and cheap they are. I didn’t tell him I have a bag of those clementines rotting in my fridge.
            I weighed 85.4 kilos at 17:45. 
            I got caught up on my journal a little after 19:00. 
            In my Movie Maker project I shaved down the clip of the One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest shock therapy scene that I’d inserted into the video I’m making for my song “Instructions for Electroshock Therapy.” I only needed the part that shows the mouthguard being placed into McMurphy’s mouth to correspond with my line, “Insert and fasten the mouthpiece so the patient won’t bite their tongue. 
            Then I went earlier in the timeline and copied the first time that the concert footage shows Brian Haddon singing “Shock Therapy.” I then pasted that directly after the Cuckoo’s Nest clip and synchronized his mouth movements with the studio audio. Since I have only two parts in any concert that show Brian by himself and singing that response, I use a different special effect each time to make it look different. This time I used “3-D Ripple” so that he kind of looks like he’s reflected in moving water as he sings the response. 
            Next, I need a video clip to correspond with the line, “Slip a pillow underneath the back to reduce the spinal motion.” But there are no videos that I could find that directly fit the reference. I’m going to have to find something pillow-related that indirectly suggests it. Maybe just something from an old horror or suspense movie that shows someone moving a pillow towards the viewer. 
            I had a potato and the last of my chicken gravy with a slice of roast beef while watching episode 9 of the most recent season of Star Trek Discovery. 
            In this story, as Discovery tracks Book’s ship, Starfleet assigns former Discovery security officer Nahn to be on Discovery for this mission. Her job is to possibly take command if she deems that Michael’s feelings for Book have compromised her making a hard decision to stop Book and Tarka from blowing up the Dark Matter Anomaly and causing war with a superior species. 
            They find Book’s ship on the threshold of the DMA and send a cloaked shuttle commanded by Saru, along with Culber and two other members of the bridge crew. The plan is to sneak aboard, but Tarka, without telling Book, has booby-trapped Book’s ship so that the shuttle is destroyed. Discovery beams everyone back at the last second. Book finds and disables the tracking device that Michael planted and jumps his ship into the DMA, while Discovery follows. Meanwhile, Tarka finishes building the bomb. 
            Michael has Stametz work with the ship’s sentient computer Zora to analyze the amount of boronite in the area and the speed with which the DMA is mining it. That way they will know how long before the DMA jumps to the next location. 
           Meanwhile, Michael and Book use old pirate tricks to outmaneuver one another. Michael keeps jumping Discovery between Book’s ship and the DMA. They fire warning shots at one another but neither sees it as a threat until Tarka goes against Book and fires torpedoes at Discovery. Nahn thinks it is time to destroy Book’s ship but Michael offers one more plan. 
           They have found that the DMA will be in that location for one more week, which is enough time to make first contact with Species 10-C. She pilots a shuttle by herself to Book’s ship and communicates the information. Book agrees to stand down and Michael leaves, but Tarka refuses to accept that decision and beams the bomb into the DMA controller anyway. They jump away just as the DMA is destroyed. 
            Tarka’s whole purpose was to use the DMA power source to gain the energy required to send himself back to his home dimension, but he discovers after the explosion that the power source is projected from the other side of the wormhole. Shortly after the DMA is destroyed, another one appears in the exact same place. 
            Nahn is played by Canadian actor Rachael Ancheril, who was born in Toronto. She played a recurring character on the CTV series “Played”; Lisa Younghusband on CBC’s “Republic of Doyle”; she was a regular on “Rookie Blue”; she appeared in ten episodes of “The Art of More”; she played Blacksmith and her evil twin Gretta on “Wynonna Earp”; she had recurring roles on “Killjoys” and “Mary Kills People”; and she co-starred on the second season of “Nurses”. Before going to bed I checked the usual holes and cracks for bedbugs and found none.

No comments:

Post a Comment