Friday 13 May 2022

May 13, 1992: Mike Copping told me a stripper dragged him onstage at the Grand West


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I met Mike Copping at 19:30 in front of The Paradise. We walked around while I told him about Nancy’s mother cutting my daughter’s hair. He said I should just accept it and get on to other stuff. We went to a place where he had a coffee and I had a beer, then we went to see Kafka. Good movie for atmosphere, performance, and cinematography, but the story was just okay. We drove around in his car while checking out the hookers, and then headed to my place. We had some beer and I cooked burgers while he looked at my skin magazines. He gave me the video of “Dances with Wolves.” He told me about the strippers at the Grand West and said that one of them dragged him onstage.

No comments:

Post a Comment