Thursday 26 May 2022

May 26, 1992: On my birthday I had a goat cheese omelet at the Queen Mother and bought some red sneakers


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday I got up around 8:30 and just relaxed into my birthday. I decided I didn’t want the TV on, and I went out to get a fresh grapefruit juice. I called Nancy and of course, she said there would be a delay in bringing my daughter to me. I made coffee and read some old newspapers, then I went out for coffee and read that day’s Globe and Mail. I went home and waited and waited for Nancy. The mail came with $550 I wasn’t expecting and so it looked like my birthday was gonna be okay. Nancy finally showed up at 11:30 with the baby and some empty beer bottles. I took my daughter down to Spadina and Queen and she fell asleep on the way. I went to the Queen Mother and had a goat cheese omelet while the baby slept. She woke up after an hour and a half. I carried her up Yonge Street and bought some sneakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment