Tuesday 24 May 2022

Sex Dwarf


            On Monday morning I finished working out the chords for “Oh Soliman” by Serge Gainsbourg. I ran through the song in French and English and uploaded it to Christian’s Translations where I started preparing it for blog publication. It should be published very early tomorrow and then I’ll start learning his next song. 
            I weighed 85.1 kilos before breakfast. 
            Around midday, I took everything out from the storage space under the sink and washed the area, top, back, sides and bottom. I threw away a few items that had been under there, such as plastic planters that had cracked. I haven’t put everything back because I still want to go through the stuff and get rid of a few more things, clean what needs to be cleaned, and then organize everything in a less cluttered way. 
            While I worked I listened to “Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret” by Soft Cell. It was lots of fun and a nice change from the hard bubble gum of Bon Jovi that I just finished going through. It was great hearing “Tainted Love” again, which I used to go wild dancing to. Most of the songs were new to me, such as “Sex Dwarf”: 

“Isn't it nice, sugar and spice 
Luring disco dollies to a life of vice 
I can make a film and make you my star 
You'd be a natural the way you are 
I would like you on a long black leash 
I would parade you down the High Street 
You've got the attraction 
You've got the pulling power 
Walk my doggie, 
walk my little Sex Dwarf …” 

            The original video for the song was banned before it could be officially released. It’s still forbidden on UK television and on YouTube. https://vimeo.com/429915379
            I weighed 84.5 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride to Yonge and Bloor. 
            I weighed 84.5 kilos at 17:00. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 17:50. 
            In my Movie Maker project of creating a video for my song “Instructions for Electroshock Therapy” I found the 1940 shock therapy clips I wanted to replace in the video. They are the ones that show the nurse securing the patient’s jaw and putting a wad of cloth in his mouth to keep him from biting his tongue. I can maybe use that later, but what I’ve found from further on in the timeline of the same video are clips of the actual seizures that the patient is experiencing. That fits better as something to alternate with the guitar during the first and most energetic instrumental. I only had time to insert two convulsion clips this time but I might be able to get all the rest added tomorrow. 
            I worked on my poem series “My Blood In A Bug.” 
            I had a potato with gravy and a slice of roast beef while watching the last two episodes of Astro Boy that were in the package that I downloaded. These two were in Japanese, with English subtitles.                  One of them was one I’d seen twice before, once in English, and another time before it was fully downloaded and so there was no sound. It was about Moon monsters. 
            The other one was especially interesting because it was the real final episode of the original four-year series, and it was one of the ones that did not air in North America. In this story, the sun has begun to heat up and living things will not survive. All of the humans, with some animals and plants, will travel into space for one year and leave the robots in charge. 
            The robot president says they will care for the Earth until the humans return. But there is one human who does not leave the planet. His name is Napolitan and he can survive the increasing heat on Earth because he is a cyborg with a human brain. He does not want robots to be in charge and so he declares himself to be the emperor of Earth. He kills the robot president, who passes his title on to Astro Boy, or Atom as he is called in the original series. Atom’s sister, who became Astro Girl in English is Uran in Japanese; and his brother who became Jetto in English is called Cobalt. There is also a baby robot sibling that must have appeared in the series after the final English episode. 
            There are various disasters that Atom must deal with, such as using dry ice bombs to stop the sea from boiling. When volcanos erupt he leads a force of flying robots to fill them up with rocks. Napolitan has his hooded robot army wake a monster jellyfish from the ocean floor that begins to suck up all the water. Atom defeats it by pouring a vast amount of salt on its body. 
            Napolitan abducts Atom’s family and threatens to dissolve them in acid unless he surrenders. When he tries to save them he is trapped in a magnetic web. Napolitan is about to drop Atom’s family in the acid when Atom fires his ass cannons and breaks a wall that holds back the water. The water floods the acid. Napolitan attacks Atom with a high voltage whip but Atom sends even higher voltage through the whip to electrocute Napolitan. He falls back and smashes his head open, revealing to his own surprise that he is really a robot. Now he feels bad for everything he’s done and offers a solution to the heating sun. He has developed a nuclear weapon that if it is thrown into the sun will act as a fever reducer and save the Earth. Then Napolitan commits suicide. 
            Atom flies the weapon into space to release it into the sun from a distance but its progress is impeded when it collides with a meteor and so Atom must leave the ship and carry it into the sun with his own body. Atom saves the world but he does not return. Then the producer announces this is the end of the series and thanks everyone for watching. Atom also appears and bows in gratitude. And that’s the end of the original series. It comes back in colour, with better animation in the 1980s, with an English version and a movie as well. 
            I did a search for bedbugs before bed and didn’t find any.

No comments:

Post a Comment