Tuesday 23 August 2022

August 23, 1992: My new basement apartment was extremely damp and so I bought second hand dehumidifier


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday the baby seemed to be all right with the little bit of milk she was getting while staying with me, and she liked the soy mixture. 
            My new basement apartment was really damp and cold and so I needed a dehumidifier. I bought a Buy and Sell and located one for $50 out in Pickering, then I took my daughter with me on the GO Train. We walked a long way to the address and after I bought the machine the baby enjoyed helping me push it along on its wheels. We got off at the Main Street GO Station just up the road from me. I hadn't realized that there was one so close. I hoped it would turn out to be worth the struggle of lugging the baby and the dehumidifier all over the place. It was 18:00 when we got back and so I put my daughter right to bed. I didn't want her to be awake half the night and so I got a bottle ready to feed her as soon as she stirred so that she would stay down. I got another bottle ready for the morning and I went to bed late.

No comments:

Post a Comment