Monday 29 August 2022

August 29, 1992: I shared some fries with my daughter but when I decided she'd had enough she started screaming


Thirty years ago today

            The mother's milk ran out on Wednesday and all the bagged stuff was sour. I'd been using just the soymilk since then and now it was Saturday so it seemed to be working. 
            My daughter and I walked up to Kingston Road, then across and back down to Queen and over to Coxwell. She made me buy a big hunk of watermelon and we kept on stopping to eat it along the way. It was difficult carrying her and some of the stuff I would end up with when we went out. I bought some Kentucky Fried chicken with fries. I fed her some of the fries and decided that was enough for her, but it made her very cranky that I wouldn't give her more and she started screaming. I went to the Beer Store and bought a twelve of Connors Draft. When we got back on the streetcar, I set the case on the seat beside me and sat her on top like it was a little chair, and she enjoyed that. We went to the park, the playground, and the wading pool. The water was cold, but she went in anyway. 
            I mixed the rice, the beans, and the broccoli with spaghetti sauce and macaroni to make her like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment