Wednesday 24 August 2022

Glass Half Dirty


            On Tuesday morning I finished memorizing "C'est comment qu'on freine" (That's How You Slam on the Brakes" by Serge Gainsbourg. This was a difficult one to learn and I wasn't sure if I was going to nail it down today. It's funny how I'm sometimes faced with the mountain of a final verse and then suddenly and to my surprise I'm able to breeze through the whole thing. I searched for the chords but found none and so I worked them out for the first verse and the first line of the chorus. 
            I weighed 86.2 kilos before breakfast. 
            Around midday, I finished cleaning the sliding windows on the left side of the southern window set in my kitchen. I'll clean the outside of the big right-hand window tomorrow, then the grooves for the sliding windows below it. I don't know if I'll have time to clean the actual sliding windows until Thursday. 
            I weighed 85.8 kilos before lunch. My weight in the morning and at midday on this day was exactly the same as on Monday. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride downtown and back. 
            I weighed 85.6 kilos at 17:00. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 18:15. 
            I started a Movie Maker project for the recording of my June 19 song practice and imported the video for that day as well as the Audacity audio. I always start the audio recording of my song practices before the video, so I had to cut out a lot of the beginning of the audio in order to synchronize them. I was still about five seconds off when I stopped. I should have them lined up tomorrow. 
            I converted the YouTube video of convulsion therapy that I'd downloaded yesterday from MP4 to AVI so it would import into Movie Maker. I imported the converted file into the project for my song "Instructions for Electroshock Therapy" and copied it to the end of the timeline. I cut it down to about a minute and a half. I'll edit it some more tomorrow since I only need about two seconds. 
            I continued to date and organize the hard copies of my transcripts of the Gumby Bible group poem. 
            I had a potato with gravy and a chicken breast while watching two Bugs Bunny features. 
            The first one was a special called "How Bugs Bunny Won the West" narrated by a live-action Denver Pyle in between the animated segments. 
            The first segment was the one about Nasty Canasta stealing Bugs Bunny's gold and how Bugs got it back. 
            The second was the story of Yosemite Sam trying to claim jump Bugs Bunny. 
            The third story was a Daffy Duck short that begins with Daffy crawling through the desert, desperate for water. He sees a pool and dives in, splashing it into his mouth but it's just a mirage and he's been eating sand. He tries to dig for water and finds a big gold nugget. We don't see what he does with it. 
            In the fourth story, Bugs Bunny walks into a saloon with a big bag of gold and asks for a carrot juice. Blacque Jacque Shellacque shoots Bugs's glass. Jacque is standing in front of a wanted poster with his name on it. It says he's wanted for claim jumping, pogo-sticking, and square dance calling. Jacque tries to steal Bugs's gold but when Bugs resists, Jacque suggests they gamble for it with a game of 21. Bugs stands on one card and Jacque gets two tens of spades. Bugs wins with the twenty-one of hearts. Jacque says he refuses to be beaten. Bugs says there's a guy in the other room who says he's twice as tough. Jacque goes to see and it's Bugs Bunny as a gunslinger. Bugs draws his gun on Jacque and it's a pop gun. Jacque laughs and pulls out the cork, then he gets shot in the face. Jacque demands that Bugs hand over his bag of gold. Bugs runs into a store room and switches his gold with a bag of gun powder. Jacque breaks in and demands the bag, so Bugs gives it to him, but as he does so he slits the bag with a pen knife. Jacque runs out of town and into the mountains leaving a trail of gunpowder, which Bugs lights, and we see it explode in the distance. 
            The next segment is the story of Bugs Bunny out-shooting Yosemite Sam. 
            In the next story, Daffy Duck rides into a town that's looking for a sheriff. He rides his horse Tinfoil and he's followed by his faithful deputy, Porky Pig. Daffy enters a saloon with his gun drawn and his pants down. Everyone ignores him. He goes up to the bar and orders a double pasteurized milkshake with a yogourt chaser. But Nasty Canasta shoots the glass from his hand. Daffy pulls his gun, but Canasta bites the barrel off. Canasta tells Daffy to have a drink and then he tells the bartender, "Two of the usual." The barkeep puts on a welding mask and opens an asbestos cabinet containing three bottles: cobra fang juice, hydrogen bitters, and Old Panther. He mixes the three then adds ice cubes, but the ice cubes jump out yelping and run for shelter in a bucket of water. Canasta drinks his and tells Daffy to drink the other. Daffy gets Porky to drink it and he says it's delicious and so Daffy orders another. After he drinks it he begins reciting "Mary had a little lamb" in a child's voice. 
            The final segment is the story in which Bugs Bunny stops Yosemite Sam from robbing a train.
            The second feature was an eight-minute version of "A Christmas Carol" with Yosemite Sam playing Sam Scrooge, Sylvester playing his cat, Porky Pig playing Bob Cratchit, and Tweety Bird playing Bob's son Tiny Tim. Bugs Bunny plays himself. It opens with Scrooge counting his money in a warm office while Porky freezes in the employee's section. Bugs comes in with mistletoe and kisses Sam, who kicks him out. Bugs comes back in and steals some coal from Scrooge's fireplace to put in the stove where Porky is working. But Sam catches Porky warming himself and accuses him of stealing. Bugs comes in with Pepe Le Pew, Foghorn Leghorn, and Elmer Fudd, and they begin caroling. Scrooge tosses them out and also fires Porky. After Scrooge forecloses on Porky's mortgage, Bugs says "This means war." Scrooge draws a hot bath but Bugs shovels snow into it. That night while Scrooge is sleeping, Bugs puts on a ghost sheet and rattles chains, and bangs a drum. Since there's no time for three ghosts, Bugs wakes Scrooge up and introduces himself as the Ghost of Christmas. He says he's taking him to see the man in the red suit. Scrooge says, "You mean Santa Clause?" Bugs says, "The other man in the red suit" meaning the Devil. Suddenly and way too soon, Scrooge is convinced to reform. He goes out on the street throwing money at everyone, then he makes Porky a partner in the firm. 
            I searched for bedbugs and found one in a crack in the baseboard to the right of the head of my bed. It was further away from the bed on that side than I've ever found them. It was black and the blood inside was not fresh, suggesting it was not well.

No comments:

Post a Comment