Tuesday 30 August 2022

August 30, 1992: My daughter was fascinated by the electric wheelchair of the man feeding squirrels in the park


Thirty years ago today

            When Nancy called from Mexico on Friday she asked if I would meet her at the airport with the baby, but I said no. I called her parents on Saturday to find out when she'd be coming in and they said on Sunday. But now it was Sunday, and the day went by without a call. 
            My daughter and I went up to Kingston Road and we passed an old folk's home where there were some old ladies sitting out on a bench. There was also a fountain that attracted her and so we hung around there for half an hour or so. Then we continued on until Waverley and went south to the beach. There was an old man in an electric wheelchair feeding the squirrels and my daughter was fascinated with the machine. She went into the wading pool. I took her home for a nap and then we went out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment