Saturday 27 August 2022

August 27, 1992: I took my daughter to the CNE and she spent a lot of time in a tepee with an old woman who was doing beadwork


Thirty years ago today 

            On Thursday I took my daughter to the Canadian National Exhibition. It was raining and so I dressed her in boots and a windbreaker. We got there at around 15:00 and the first thing she saw was the tepees. She went inside where there was an older woman doing beadwork. She left and came back to her about ten times. Next, we saw a free stage show with singers and dancers and spent a long time watching that. I took her away to explore other things, but she didn't want to leave and at one point walked a few hundred meters all the way back to it all by herself. It was raining pretty hard, so we went inside the Better Living Centre where she found mock-ups of bedrooms and kitchens and enjoyed opening and closing cabinet doors. In the music store had fun playing with the buttons on video equipment and pressing the keys of synthesizers. Then we went to the petting zoo, but she was more impressed with the water hose she saw there. I bought a salad at the food building, but she wouldn't eat anything. We walked to the midway and she started getting cranky. We went home at around 19:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment