Wednesday 3 August 2022

August 3, 1992: I managed to finish moving to my new place in time to catch a bar before it closed


Thirty years ago today

            Monday was my last chance to get my move to the new place done. I threw out the couch; I took down all the blinds; I unscrewed all of the shelving and hooks, and I rolled up the carpet. I drank some beer with the guy upstairs. I made more big bubbles with the last of the mixture. I took some pictures of the turning streetcar through the windows and through the wine glasses. I bought some darkroom trays at a lawn sale. I took the bed to my new apartment and then the rest of my stuff. I finished a little later than I'd expected but I managed to catch a bar with a kitchen before closing time to celebrate my first night in the new place. I had a couple beers at Scratch Daniels with some chili fries and a chicken burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment