Friday 26 August 2022

August 26, 1992: My daughter refused to get out of bed until I did but she would cry and point out of the bedroom


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday after midnight, Nancy called from Mexico. She hadn't realized the time difference and so she couldn't talk to the baby because she was already asleep. 
            In the mornings I noticed that my daughter wouldn't get out of bed until I did, but she would cry and point out of the bedroom. 
            I made millet for her the other day, and I was still serving it. After her nap, I always tried to find new ways to feed her broccoli, and I managed to do it somehow each time. 
            She would get restless hanging around the house and so we would go out rain or shine and walk a lot. She liked to sit on the beach and play with rocks. After dinner, we walked up to Kingston Road and then we played in the playground. She was sitting on my lap on the grass in the park eating trail mix out of the bag when all these pigeons came around. They were on my arms, on my lap with her, and one even landed on her back. They were pecking at the trail mix and so my daughter was just being one of the pigeons and pecking at it too. At one point a squirrel came and took an almond out of her hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment