Tuesday 30 August 2022

Frank Welker


            On Monday morning I woke up around 2:45 because I had to pee. My head felt wet on the right side as I walked to the bathroom. When I went back to bed I turned the light on and saw a spot of blood on my pillow. I smelled it and there was no odour of bedbugs. Then I saw blood on my right arm. I went back to the washroom and saw that I was bleeding from my ear. I don't think that a bedbug would have made me bleed so I concluded that I must have nicked my ear the morning before when I shaved and although I didn't bleed then, maybe there was a cut that got agitated by the pillow when I turned onto my right side for a while before getting up. I went back to bed and stayed on my left side so that if I bled it would be on my body and not my bed. There was no more blood when I got up at 5:00. 
            I finished memorizing "Scènes de manager" (Unsightly Public Scenes) by Serge Gainsbourg. I searched for the chords but no one had posted them and so I worked them out for the first verse and the chorus. It's kind of a droning song and so it's not very complicated musically. 
            I weighed 85.2 kilos before breakfast. 
            In the late morning I went to do my laundry. While my stuff was in the dryer I partially washed the last of my sliding kitchen windows. I'll finish cleaning it tomorrow and then install it. After that I might have time to start on the living room windows. 
            I weighed 84.9 kilos before lunch. That's the lightest I've been at that time in over two weeks. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride downtown and back. It was a muggy day but it wasn't unbearable to be out riding in it. 
            I weighed 84.9 kilos at 17:15. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 18:00. 
            I reviewed the last seven videos of me playing "A Ham and a Fiddle". July 2 was very good, plus I was in tune and expressive; July 4 was pretty good but a truck started backing up with its beeping signal near the end; July 6 was good but my guitar was slightly out of tune; July 8 was very good, with good light, but there was a little traffic noise near the end that would need to be removed; July 10 was the best so far, I looked friendly, but there's traffic noise that needs to be removed; on July 12 I hit the final chord wrong; on July 14 my guitar was slightly out of tune. So I think I'll work on preparing my July 10 performance to be uploaded to YouTube. 
            In the Movie Maker project for my song "Instructions for Electroshock Therapy" I edited some more of the Oral Roberts faith healing video, keeping the parts when he's laying his hands on people's heads. I have about nine more minutes of footage to look through. 
            I chronologized some more hard copies of transcripts of the Gumby Bible group poem. 
            I had a potato with gravy and a pork chop while watching the second half of the Looney Bugs Bunny Movie from 1981. 
            Where we left off was that Rocky the gangster's lawyer got him off from his previous convictions on a technicality. Now we learn that Tweety, the million-dollar bird, has been kidnapped. Bugs Bunny as Federal Agent Elegant Mess swears Silvester Cat in as a special agent to help track down the bird. While he's scouring the alleys, Silvester spies Tweety's cage in the window of an apartment on the top floor of an apartment building. Rocky is eating a banana while he and his man Nick are sitting and playing cards when Silvester passes the window on the ledge. Nick says, "Hey boss, I tought I taw a puddy tat!" Rocky responds, "You did, you did tee a puddy tat!" The banana peel is placed on the ledge in Silvester's path. He slips and falls off the building. 
            Next, Tweety escapes from his cage and encounters Silvester in the hall. He asks the cat to hide him, and Silvester says he can hide in his mouth. Tweety says, "Oh, thank you!" But he gets out because Silvester clamped down too hard. Then they hear that Rocky has discovered that Tweety is missing. Silvester hides the bird under an empty can. Rocky has Nick drag Silvester into the apartment to be searched, but meanwhile Rocky notices the can moving. He grabs Tweety and then replaces him under the can with a lit stick if dynamite. Silvester is released and takes the can, thinking that Tweety is still inside. It explodes halfway down the stairs. Silvester sneaks into the dumb waiter and elevates himself to Rocky's apartment. Suddenly the cops have the place surrounded and Nick hides Tweety in the dumb waiter. Silvester is about to run away to eat Tweety when he is surrounded by photographers and hailed as a hero. 
            Act 3 features the Oswald Awards, which is like the Academy Awards but for cartoon characters. It begins with the red-carpet arrivals while a dog reporter interviews the stars. The first star is Pepe le Pew, who stinks. Next, it's Porky Pig, accompanied by the Three Little Pigs. Then comes Big Bad Wolf, who says he's in the demolition business. Next, Foghorn leghorn arrives dancing in a top hat accompanied by two high-stepping chickens. Then comes Yosemite Sam, who pulls his guns and says he's brought along a little winner's insurance. Then Tweety Pie arrives, followed by Silvester. Then Daffy Duck arrives but only one person applauds. When Bugs Bunny gets there the crowd goes wild.
            The first nominee is Big Bad Wolf, and the 1957 cartoon The Three Little Bops is shown. The Three Little Pigs have a jazz combo that the Wolf wants to join. He steps onto the stage during their gig at the House of Straw but his trumpet playing is horrible and so they kick him out. The angry wolf blows his trumpet and knocks the club down. The pigs move on to play in the House of Sticks, but Big Bad crashes the gig again and plays badly so they toss him out again. He blows down that club as well. The pigs move on to the House of Bricks and while they are jamming the Big Bad Wolf comes in playing the Charleston on the ukulele. He is put outside again but this time can't blow the club down. He decides to blow it up but winds up blowing himself up and going to hell. There his trumpet playing becomes really good and so the pigs let his ghost sit in because "Ya gotta get hot to play real cool!" 
            The next nominees are Tweety and Silvester. We see the story in which Silvester tries to catch Tweety and then a cat from Birds Anonymous intervenes. 
            While he's watching himself on the screen, Silvester is getting hungry, so he runs to get an ice cream cone, throws the ice cream away, puts Tweety on the cone and is licking him when Granny stops him. 
            The next nominee is Bugs Bunny, but Daffy protests because Bugs is the host and Daffy thinks the contest is fixed. We see the Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam high diving cartoon. Then Bugs Bunny announces that the winner of the Oswald Award is Bugs Bunny. Daffy protests and challenges Bugs to a talent competition. We see the sixties cartoon in which they compete, which results in Daffy Duck killing himself on stage in order to win the Oswald. 
            The voices of Rocky's lawyer and the dog reporter were done by Frank Welker, who started out as a stand-up comedian and impressionist in the 1960s. His first major role was in 1969 when he started doing the voice of Fred Jones in the Scooby Doo cartoons. He continues playing the part to this day. He played Fangface in the cartoon series of the same name. He voiced Quackula and the modern versions of Heckle and Jeckle. He voiced Mr. Mxyzptlk, Darkseid, Iceman, and several of the Smurfs. He created vocal effects for the Martians in Tim Burton's Mars Attacks. He played Malbolgia in Spawn. Starting in the 21st Century he became the new voice of Curious George and Garfield. In live action, he played Captain Pace in Catch 22. In the Transformers he did the voices of several Decepticons, including Megatron. 


            I did a search for bedbugs and found none for the third night in a row. If the pattern holds, I'll find one tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment