Wednesday 31 August 2022

August 31, 1992: On the nature trail my daughter liked to stand in open areas and spin around


Thirty years ago today

            Nancy called on Monday morning and explained that she'd gotten back from Mexico fairly late on Sunday. She said she would be coming down to the Beaches later. I arranged to meet her after the baby and I went for a walk. We went up to Kingston Road and down the nature trail to Kew Gardens. My daughter liked to stand in open areas and spin around. We were at the playground for quite a while, and I was just thinking of leaving when Nancy finally showed up. She looked pretty good, and we were getting along so well that I was even thinking that we could become involved again. We went to some toy shops where I bought my daughter a pale, a shovel, and a little car. We went for souvlaki and after the baby fell asleep, we left her at my place and went to the Fox to see "Truly, Madly, Deeply", which is like a classier version of "Ghost". We went back to my place and Nancy took the baby so that now after two weeks my daughter was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment