Saturday 19 August 2023

August 19, 1993: Yehudah and I talked about him backing me up with the cello on my songs


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I brought my daughter back to Nancy in the late afternoon, then I went home and showered before going to Mudds Cabaret. I also hand copied the Alphabet Orgy group poem three times because I couldn't afford to take it to Kinkos. Martin started the reading at 22:00 and it was over pretty quickly. A lot of people wandered in after 23:00 for the reading and were disappointed to find it over. I stayed until the group poem had circulated twice: 

Under this naughty blanket
caressing voluptuous shadows
I see inaccessible lands drawing near
with shadows of monsters that mirror our beauty
Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all? 
The caterpillars have conquered the kingdom and march, screaming "Ecki! 
I am my own monster and so I have nowhere to hide 
Not under the bed, but the monster in me is not as large as the monster without 
There are four walls between me and there 
Four walls, and I choose not 
To climb would be useless
so I sit I sit and wait for the monster 
and summer knights have failed 
and returned empty handed Oh God! 
They have been feeding me too many intellectual pills again
I see a streak of red and yellow 
on the flesh in my mind's eye 
spills into the night scary monsters 
They gather from the four quarters 
equate all horizons under the pale sun and bond together
then we are one now sun blessed
our shadows warm a melding of spirits 
congregates in the smoke to adjourn
their verdict of truth-semi-truth 
Rin tin-tin a dooky dooky bop bop-bop bop
keedooky dooky oh an a loo 
Not yet begetting the threat, we met in bed 
flip-flop, comme ci, comme sigh
beside the thigh so slightly wet 
upon the lip-slop stain of head ahead of my vision
drizzly drooling in front a sparkling silver vacuum
swirls dusty vampire forms
and then a sudden movement a jerk 
oh no it was not him and that motion
He was run over with the car every Tuesday 
but as part of his fantasy he was living for it 
without knowing what it was 
so Tuesdays kept him alive for a while 
Aesthiate browande vorgestert ersatz von deragesausust koustwerk 
My third husband never said anything that made any sense to me 
but he was always my favourite though I never told him so 
because I knew, I knew he would spit in my face 
then rip it from my skull and keep it 
I'll never see it again if I allow him the favour of the glance 
mirror or not, my hand through his hair this close to his mind 
Nobody, not even the pain has such small thoughts 
Wicked dreams will make you think and fuck you over 
with side-effects of electromagnetic feedback 
within the cerebral vortex mushrooming 
I'd like to lick the spittle in the cerebral vortex 
as you sneeze the orgasm of creation 
A figure alone with their own sensuality caresses the sky 
I saw him walking down the street
I saw him tickling toes and with grace he went 
moving away, disappearing around a cruel awaiting corner 
the kinda corner you never walk around 
could be hiding anything I followed him
followed him thinking then lost patience or interest
It's probably a good thing 
He turned down a street I didn't want to be reminded of 
and then the street met with unreality
and I saw Muddy Waters 
No orgy is ever seen in clothes 
and so I shed mine and offered my pineapple 

            It was a strange night with everyone in a weird mood. 
            Yehudah was there and we discussed a collaboration of him accompanying me on my songs with his cello.

No comments:

Post a Comment