Sunday 6 August 2023

August 6, 1993: My daughter and I spent most of the day in the sandbox


Thirty years ago today 

            On Friday morning we got up around 10:00 as usual. I rarely rose before my daughter did. She liked to eat egg when I had it and toast with peanut butter. We would either play with tools for a while or paint before going out to play with the front yard hose, and then the backyard hose. Then we went down to Queen Street and Kew Gardens Park, where we spent a little time in the wading pool before taking up most of the rest of the day in the sandbox. We went for a burrito and then home to play with the hose again. Then I changed her diaper and we went to the school playground at the top of Wineva. In the late evening we took a long walk before bedtime so she would get sleepy. By then I was too tired to get more than a basic cleaning job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment