Sunday 20 August 2023

Dan Jeannotte


            On Saturday morning I saw two bedbugs near the top of the old exit door at the head of my bed. Both seemed healthy and had blood inside. My millionaire landlord has overtly refused to do anything about it because he says he can't afford it. 
            I revised my translation of "Être ou ne pas naître" (To Be or Not to Be) by Serge Gainsbourg. On Sunday I'll see if it works while singing and playing it and if so I'll upload it to my Christian's Translations blog. 
            I audio and video recorded song practice while playing my Kramer electric guitar for the third day of four. I did a few takes of "Megaphor" and I think it was okay in the end. Also the final take of "Sixteen Tons of Dogma" didn't sound bad in the playback. The camera timed out during my third take of "Baby Pop". 
            I weighed 84.3 kilos before breakfast. 
            Around midday I went down to No Frills where I bought three bags of green grapes, a basket of nectarines, a bottle of Liquid Plumber, a jug of vinegar, and two boxes of baking soda. They had more racks of pork ribs on sale but while I'm shooting videos I'm afraid of gnawing on those bones because I already wore away part of my two front fillings. It doesn't show that much right now but it could if I grind any more of the white off, so I'd better hold off. Back in April I was given a September 8 appointment at the Parkdale Community Dental Clinic, so unless they've found out that I'm no longer covered by the Seniors Plan it might still be on and maybe I can get the fillings fixed. Instead of the ribs I bought an apple-maple pork loin roast and a Greek style pork loin roast. They finally had the large containers of PC skyr, which are usually gone by the time I get there on Saturday and so I bought two.
            When I got home I spooned a cup of baking soda down my left kitchen drain, then poured down a cup of vinegar. The vinegar backed up and bubbled for a long time but it didn't clear the drain. 
            I weighed 84.5 kilos before lunch, which is the lightest I've been at midday in eight days. I had Triscuits with five-year-old cheddar and a glass of limeade. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride downtown and back. 
            I weighed 83.5 kilos at 17:00. That's the lightest I've been in the evening in four and a half months. 
            I chiseled some more of the leftover rocks containing the amethyst and other crystals. This time I knocked off some little pieces of black quartz. 
            I poured the whole bottle of Liquid Plumber down the drain dividing it between the two sinks. After fifteen minutes I poured boiling and then hot water down both drains. Eventually it backed up again but the water went down faster than before. Maybe I'll try it again with the baking soda and vinegar before I buy some more Liquid Plumber. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 18:49. 
            I reviewed this morning's song practice video. The final take of "Megaphor" at 5:00 seemed to be all right and the ending of "Sixteen Tons of Dogma" wasn't too bad. Some of the other songs were okay too. 
            In the Movie Maker project for creating a video of my song "Sleep in the Snow", synchronizing the concert video with the studio audio continued to be just a matter of deleting small parts of the concert video in between lines. I stopped for the night just as I began cutting the space between "Why don't you throw a stone?" and "Too lazy to climb a mountain". 
            I finished scanning a set of black and white negatives from the 1980s of my ex-girlfriend Diane Hein. There are also shots of my friend Tom busking. I started a colour set from March, 1987 with shots of my ex-girlfriend Brenda. 
            I made pizza on naan with Basilica sauce, some Genoa salami I'd forgotten I had, and five-year-old cheddar. I had it with a beer while watching season 2, episode 6 of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.
            In this story the Enterprise is repairing a refinery that is mining deuterium from a star nursery and the Farragut is helping. Suddenly Uhura starts to hear strange noises and to hallucinate. For example she sees her mentor the late Hemmer as a zombie. Lieutenant James T Kirk, who is being promoted to First Officer on the Farragut, beams aboard the Enterprise and meets with his brother Sam. In the bar Kirk meets Uhura for the first time but she is not feeling friendly. She leaves and encounters a hallucination of herself attacking her. She strikes out and ends up punching Kirk in the nose. He finds out her problem and begins trying to help her. Una and Pelia discover a saboteur named Ramon on the refinery who is experiencing the same symptoms as Uhura. Uhura has been confined to her quarters for medical leave but she hears an alarm and goes to the bridge where she sees the entire bridge crew being sucked into space, but it's another hallucination. Ramon escapes from sick bay. La'an meets the Kirk of her timeline for the first time and is thrown off somewhat since she had feelings for the Kirk of another timeline and he died. Uhura discovers Ramon trying to sabotage a section of the Enterprise. She tries to stop him but Kirk appears, grabs her and orders emergency transport just before the room explodes and Ramon is ejected into space. Uhura, Sam and James figure out that there are invisible beings inside of the deuterium that are being tortured by the extraction. They reached out to Ramon and Uhura through their minds to try to communicate their pain. Uhura tells Pike and he trusts her. They need to evacuate the refinery, release all the deuterium they've mined and destroy the refinery. Una and Pelia have a confrontation because Una resents Pelia for replacing Hemmer. Una was a student of Pelia in the academy and Pelia gave her a C on a paper. Kirk and Spock meet for the first time. 
            Sam Kirk is played by Canadian actor Dan Jeannotte, who grew up in Montreal. He played Ryan Decker in The Bold Type, James Stuart in Reign, and Brandon Russell in The Good Witch. He is an improv artist and a member of the comedy troupe Uncalled For.



No comments:

Post a Comment