Wednesday 2 August 2023

August 2, 1993: I was the only reader among musicians but I made an impression


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday morning there had been a full Moon since Saturday. I got up around noon and had coffee and oranges. I did some typing of song lists and later went out grocery shopping. At 18:00 I headed downtown for Mudds Cabaret but it was still closed. So I went to the Future Bakery where I had a coffee and rewrote Phallus in Wonderland to read at Crickets later that night. I went back to Mudds and though it was still closed they let me in so I could look for the Alphabet Orgy group poem that I'd left there, but couldn't find it. I went up to Crickets and I was the only reader among musicians on the open stage, but I made an impression. Later I sang "Hungry Hippunk Goes to Work" but I couldn't tell if anyone liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment