Wednesday 23 August 2023

August 23, 1993: On the phone my daughter knew it was me and responded to all of my questions


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday my Unemployment Insurance cheque came and so I went out to call Nancy and let her know that I could take our daughter. But the mail had come late and so it was too late to pick her up. I could hear her crying in the background and asked to speak with her. We had the longest phone conversation we'd ever had. She knew it was me and she responded to all of my questions.
            On Friday August 20 I had gone down to the Ontario College of Art to make phone calls from the models lounge and lined up a potential $200 worth of bookings, so now while I was at the payphone I called back to get a confirmation. 
            Before going to the open stage at Crickets I went downtown to visit Yehudah at his place at the Norm Elder Museum on Bedford. He said he might drop by Crickets later. 
            After the open stage I got a ride home from Mary Milne and she came in for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment