Friday 17 November 2023

Jamie Rose


            On Thursday morning I revised my translation of the first verse of "C'était une pauv' gosse des rues" (She Was a Poor Child of the Road) by Boris Vian. 
            I finished memorizing “Five easy pisseuses” (Five Easy Pieces) by Serge Gainsbourg and searched for the chords but no one had posted them. I worked them out for the intro and the first chord of the first line. 
            I played my Martin acoustic guitar during song practice for the last of four sessions. 
            I weighed 85.8 kilos before breakfast. 
            I took a shower and then did the dishes. By the time I was finished it was noon. I’d thought about finishing the rest of the can of “Berry Patch” with some touch ups and painting the rest onto the end of the counter where it meets the stove. But an hour might not be enough time and so I decided I’d do it on Friday. 
            I weighed 85.8 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride downtown and stopped at Freshco on the way back. I bought five bags of grapes, a pack of raspberries, a pack of blueberries, bananas, a pack of five-year-old cheddar, and a jug of limeade. 
            I weighed 84.6 kilos at 17:30, which is the lightest I’ve been in the evening in 51 days. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 18:22. 
            I reviewed the videos of my song practice performances of “Sixteen Tons of Dogma” from August 14 to 17. On August 14 and 17 I played my electric guitar. On August 14 I did it in one take at 8:45. There were off chords but not a bad ending. This is already synchronized in Movie Maker. On August 17 I looked good and was expressive but hit a lot of wrong chords. On August 15 and 16 I played my acoustic guitar. On August 15 the take at 12:15 wasn’t bad except for the light. On August 16 the take at 13:15 was generally one of the best but a little off at the end. 
            In the new Movie Maker project to create a video for the studio recording of my song “Megaphor” I continued to use as a template the old “Megaphor” project that crashed. I was able to reinsert all of the images that appeared in the opening of the old project, exactly where they had been. When I played it they worked perfectly like before. Next I need to synchronize the concert video of Brian Haddon’s keyboard intro to the song with the studio audio. Although I can’t play the old project I can see the first frame from the video where Brian Haddon comes in so that helps a bit. I’ll work on it on Friday. Later I had the idea that I might be able to copy video clips from the timeline of the old project that won’t play them and paste them into the new one. I tried it and it works. The clips play in the new project, so that’s going to save me a lot of time. 
            I cleaned and scanned another uncut strip of colour negatives. These are mostly shots of my ex-girlfriend Brenda, some of them nude. I cut them into fives, put them into a labelled envelope and filed them. There are 30 more full sets of negatives to scan. 
            I had a potato with gravy and my last two chicken drumsticks while watching season 3, episodes 22 and 23 of Green Acres. 
            In the first story Lisa’s mother sends a letter saying she is going to visit. Lisa says that her mother is a countess and Eb tells everyone in Hooterville. The townspeople are excited and begin to prepare a grand greeting for the countess, with a band, a parade, and a little girls’ chorus that is supposed to sing, “Raise your glass and cheer” but sings instead, “Raise your glass of beer”. Hooterville wants to show up Pixley, which has been uppity since an English lord got off the bus there by mistake. Oliver tries to tell them that Lisa’s mother isn’t really a countess but nobody is listening. Lisa says the king made her father a count because he had something on him from when he forgot to pull his shades down. They don’t know exactly when she’s coming or how and so they have three rockets of different colours . One colour will be set off if she arrives by plane, another if by train and another if she comes by car. The yellow rocket goes off and Oliver and Lisa rush to Hooterville but there is only a woman who stopped her car to ask for directions. She has fainted from being mobbed by all the greeters. Apparently Lisa’s mother did come when Oliver and Lisa were in Hooterville but got lost when Eb gave her the wrong directions to town. 
            One of the little girls in the chorus was played by Jamie Rose, and this was probably one of her first gigs since she started at the age of six. Her first role was as a dancer in a Kool-Aid commercial. Her first movie was the horror film Just Before Dawn. She starred in the short lived cop series Lady Blue and in the cult film Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town. She gives workshops and seminars for actors and screen writers. She wrote Shut Up and Dance about the masculine and feminine archetypes in the Argentinian tango. 
            In the second story it is the first day of spring and Lisa is overwhelmed with joy. She says that the first day of spring is a holiday in Hungary. (Actually the spring festival is held at the end of February in Hungary and it is called Busojaras. The Busos are people dressed in scary costumes to frighten away the winter and usher in the spring). Lisa learns that there used to be a spring festival in Hooterville but people lost interest. She tries to revive the tradition and everybody is for it but Oliver, who has planting to do. Lisa wants to dress Oliver up as the first robin of spring and have him ride on a float sitting on a big blue egg. He says they need rain more than a festival and it starts to rain. Now Lisa is mad at him and makes him sleep in the nest. But when the thunderstorm starts she crawls into the nest with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment