Sunday 12 November 2023

November 12, 1993: I took Spirit to Ludwig Zeller's collage show though I'd already asked Wanda


Thirty years ago today 

            On Friday I worked a full day at Central Technical School, but the day was shortened and over at 12:30. I went home for a while and then went back downtown to the Ontario College of Art to meet Spirit. When I got there I saw Wanda and she gave me a message to meet Spirit upstairs. I felt weird because I had previously made a date for that night to take Wanda to the art show and we hadn’t really spoken about any change. Spirit and I went for coffee and I went through the astrological chart that I’d made for her. Then we went to the gallery at the library. Diana Scala and Mary Milne were there. Ludwig Zeller’s poetry was in his collages and I read the poems out loud to Spirit since she couldn’t stand up from her wheelchair. Ludwig’s partner Susanna Wald was there of course. I had some wine. Nancy brought our daughter and she had some juice. Spirit drove my daughter and I to her place, gave me her computer, then took us home.

No comments:

Post a Comment