Sunday 19 November 2023

November 19, 1993: Angeline asked if I'd ever write a song about her and so I did


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday morning I worked at Central Technical School, then I went to the Ontario College of Art to pick up my cheque. I ran into Wanda there and she told me she was broke so I leant her $10. Angeline was supposed to meet me at 15:00 at the Daily Express Café and so after doing my banking I went there. I drank coffee and got some good writing done but Angeline didn’t show. When I called her she told me she’d looked for the place but couldn’t find it and went home. When I questioned how hard she’d tried to find it she hung up on me. I called her back and left a message that I would consider it a deliberate attempt to hurt me if she ever hung up on me again. I was going to go home but suddenly decided to go and see her. When I got to her building however I didn’t know her code or her room number. I called and left one more message before heading home. I did some shopping on the way and when I came in I found her there. We spent a pleasant night making love and then I sang to her until morning. She asked me if I was ever going to write a song about her. It wasn’t something I’d considered but I decided that I would meet the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment