Sunday 26 November 2023

November 26, 1993: With her mother away Nancy made me take the garbage 1 km away so her mother couldn't find it


Thirty years ago today 

            On Friday I worked from 9:00 to 15:00 at West Toronto Secondary School. That night I had to go up to Nancy’s because she and our daughter were all alone. I got there at around 19:30 and we went walking about three kilometers into Markham to find a supermarket that was open. But before we left Nancy snuck garbage out of the house that her mother would have opened up and gone through if she’d been home. She made me carry some of it for a kilometer away from the house while at the same time I was carrying our daughter. She fell asleep in my arms before we got to Fortino’s. It was cold so we split a cab for the return trip and I put our daughter to bed. Then I watched TV while Nancy apathetically made something for me to eat. I watched Letterman and Conan and then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment