Wednesday 22 November 2023

November 22, 1993: I sang my Penis song and the song I wrote for Angeline


Thirty years ago today 

            On Monday I posed from 13:00 to 19:00 at the Ontario College of Art. After work I met Angeline at the Express. When I finished my coffee I went over to her place because she wanted me to be with her while she called her mother. She didn’t talk to her for long but she was very depressed afterwards. She asked me to go ahead to Crickets, so I did and she came an hour later. I didn’t get on the open stage until late. I sang the song I wrote for Angeline and my penis song: 

Angeline 

When I saw you in the café there
You seemed nervous and alone
Like a short circuit with your heart frayed bare
Until you stood to read your poem 

I felt fire I felt ice attack 
I felt the ripping of a hole 
Deep in my chest and even further back 
Toward that place they call a soul 

Oh Angeline
I feel I’m falling through your sadly spoken dream 
But since I can’t see the bottom with this tiny flashlight beam 
I’ll just resign myself to falling Angeline 

You weren’t quite what I was looking for 
Though I’d been looking hard and long 
But my machinery felt a search of power 
That night I listened to your song 

My skin felt all electrical 
My mind unraveled with the tape 
My heart then tumbled into a free fall 
That it’s reluctant to escape 

Oh Angeline
I feel I’m falling through the soundtrack of your dream 
But since I can’t see the bottom with this tiny flashlight beam 
I’ll just resign myself to falling Angeline  

You’ve problems heavy as a mountain range 
Yet you have joys that brush the skies 
I didn’t know how these two interfaced 
Until your paintings blessed my eyes 

You showed hopeful nights of restless prayer 
Restless days of hopeless sleep 
There was so much information there 
I hope my mind will always keep 

Oh Angeline
I feel I’m falling through your painful painted dream 
But since I can’t see the bottom with this tiny flashlight beam 
I’ll just resign myself to falling Angeline 

And since I can’t see the bottom I’ll resign myself to falling 
And since I can’t see the bottom I’ll resign myself to falling 
And since I can’t see the bottom I’ll resign myself to falling
Angeline 

Love Song 

I love my penis
I love it so 
I love to squeeze it love to please and make it grow 
but the church of my penis
needs a priestess 
don’t ya know oh oh oh oh 

I love my foreskin
every vein
I roll it back a sharpened wave fellates my brain 
But the tide of my foreskin 
needs a shoreline
to wash away 

Well the world’s not big enough for me and my cock 
We crave a quaking planet made of lava and rock 
where we’ll penetrate some crater till the comets come home 
to wrap their wide ellipse around my glistening dome 
Yeah the world’s gonna have to face 
my penis is the zenith of the human race 

I love my phallus 
I watch it rise 
to nail my lust into a cross-bound paradise 
But my wandering phallus 
Needs a palace 
To occupy 

            They went over pretty well. When we left Angeline came to my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment