Saturday 4 January 2020

Fingers to the Bone



            On Friday morning I finished working out the chords to Bébé gai” by Serge Gainsbourg and started posting it on Christian’s Translations.
            In the late morning I took my bicycles off their hooks, removed everything from the set of shelves at the northwest corner of my kitchen and hauled it out into the hallway. The big score of the day was that I found a favourite utility knife that I’d thought I’d lost on the street two years ago. I’d really missed that knife because it was handy to have in my backpack in emergencies, even though it did get me in trouble. Once years ago when I took my daughter to juvenile court I was told I couldn’t bring it in and they wouldn’t hold it for me so I had to go up to a nearby park and bury it until court was over.
I vacuumed the meter and a half by half a meter area that the set of shelves occupies and then began washing, scrubbing and scraping the floor. I had expected this to be an easy space to clean, since it had been covered for almost twent5-three years, but it turned out that there was a lot of dried up tile glue. Half an hour in I drove a wooden sliver under the nail of the second finger of my right hand and was only able to pull the tip out. I can see it through the opaque window of the nail so it’ll be interesting to watch how many days it takes for it to dissolve or come out. After an hour and a half of washing I dumped out the water, mixed some more wood soap and worked on the other half. It took me three hours but I finished cleaning my kitchen floor along the west wall. I really hadn’t wanted to spend that much time but I couldn’t leave the set of shelves out in the hallway and so I had no choice but to get that area done. I had to wait an hour for the floor to dry before dragging the set of shelves back into place. All that’s left of the floor to wash in that part of the room is the one meter by half a meter section in front of the set of shelves.



I felt a pretty good sense of accomplishment from the work I’d done but it took its toll on my body. My right hip and the inside of my right thigh were very sore from having been on my knees for three hours. I was limping a bit as I made lunch.
I had half a can of black beans with salsa and potato chips for lunch and took a siesta. When I got up my leg was still sore and I think it will be for a couple of days.
I grilled a pack of pork chops and had two for dinner with three potatoes and some gravy while watching two episodes of South Park.
In the first story Randy Marsh is arrested for having blown up some small home growing marijuana operations earlier in the season. His family is secretly very happy about it and hope he’ll be locked up for a long time so they will have to sell the farm and move back to South Park. Meanwhile a police car runs over and kills Jason White at school. Very few people come to the funeral and the father complains that no one cares when the police kill a White. Cartman tells the Whites that they can adopt immigrant children at ICE facilities. The official leads them through the facility showing them various children in cages and describing them the way one would pets for sale, such as, “Here’s a Columbian short haired!” They adopt a pure bred Mexican. Randy calls up the president for help and he advises him to deny everything and whatever he is accused of he should make the same complaint about his accuser. The Whites are the only ones protesting Randy’s arrest and they take Allejandro with them. They insist that a White always wears sunscreen and they slather his face with it until it is white. Allejandro goes nuts and begins smashing police car windows with a baseball bat and setting fires. Everyone things this white faced boy is the Mexican Joker. Meanwhile at Randy’s trial he rejects the president’s advice and admits he is guilty but then begins talking about his Tegridy dream. He is exonerated.
In the second story Strong Woman enters into an athletic competition and is challenged by someone named Heather Swanson who came out as a transgender woman two weeks before. Heather is enormous, extremely muscular and basically looks like a bearded biker. Of course Heather winds all the competitions. But in reality there are tests in place for any major athletic competition. Someone can’t just enter athletic competitions two weeks after realizing one is a woman. In this story Heather doesn’t let it go. She taunts strong woman in the media and even comes to her home to rub it in. Finally Strong Woman reveals to PC Principal that before identifying as a woman Heather was Strong Woman’s ex-boyfriend who couldn’t stand losing to a woman at anything. Meanwhile the boys at South Park Elementary have a board game club and the school says they have to allow girls to play. The problem is that the girls win all of the games because they do research and use math. Cartman takes it to the Supreme Court and gets a ruling against the girls playing in a boys club. But then the girls form their own club, which becomes super popular and all the boys but Cartman want to join. Heather Swanson comes to speak at the school and declares she can beat any girl at anything. The girls challenge her to board games and kick her ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment