Thursday 2 January 2020

January 2, 1990



Thirty years ago today:

            A strange thing happened a little after midnight. I got a call from a woman in response to the ad that I’d placed in Now Magazine several weeks before. I was surprised because the ad had only run for a week and nobody else had called me after those seven days were up. She explained that she’d had the old issue sitting in a bag and had only recently read it. She saw my ad and found it very interesting.
            She said her name was Baby and that she’s from Jamaica by way of Florida. She said she’d been in Canada for a year. We talked for about four hours about each other, about our attitudes to different aspects of sexuality and about why I preferred black women. She described her hair as being currently short and blonde with red streaks. She said she worked at a club called Visions up at Lawrence and Dufferin.
            She didn’t give me her number but told me she'd call me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment