Monday 13 January 2020

Nice Legs!



            On Sunday morning I posted the link to my translation of “Le complainte du progrès" on my Boris Vian fan page.
            I posted “Me chérie Jane” by Serge Gainsbourg on Christian’s Translations.
            I worked on finishing writing about my latest Food Bank Adventure.
            I washed another section of my bedroom floor under where my antique dresser sits at the northeast corner of the room. In two more sessions I should be finished with the bedroom floor.
            For lunch I had a quarter of the ground chicken, bacon and yellow pepper pizza that I’d made the night before.
            In the afternoon I did my exercises while listening to Amos and Andy. In this story Andy falls for a waitress named Dorothy Richards who works at a lunch counter. They begin dating and shortly after that they get engaged. Kingfish is approached             by Dorothy’s father who doesn’t think Andy is right for his daughter. He offers Kingfish $100 to break up the engagement. Kingfish tells the father that he’s lucky that he came to him because none of Andy’s other friends would sell him out so cheaply. Kingfish introduces Andy to a manicurist posing as an heiress. She talks like an African American version of Mae West. Andy decides to break up with Dorothy but meanwhile Kingfish finds out that Dorothy is actually rich and only working as a waitress to find a man that doesn’t care about her money. Kingfish bursts in on Andy and Dorothy and tells him that it won’t work. He tells Dorothy that he was only going to break up with her because he found out she has money. The wedding is still on but then Dorothy gets suspicious and in the end runs off to California with the cook at the lunch counter.
            I got caught up on my journal.
            I did some reading for my indigenous studies course.
            For dinner I had another quarter of the pizza I’d made the night before, with a beer while watching an episode of Zorro. In this story, Anna Maria, at the coaxing of Romero, goes against Diego’s advice and goes with Romero to find out if her father is still alive. He has not been killed but the kidnappers decide that since Anna Maria has not brought the ransom they will hold her captive and send her father and Romero back for the money. When Don Gregorio arrives at his house he finds Diego’s father Don Alejandro there. When Alejandro sees Romero he tells Gregorio that he knows Romero’s father and that Romero has been trouble for his family for many years. He says he would not be surprised if Romero is in league with the bandits. Romero knocks out Alejandro and tells Gregorio to give him the money. Just then Zorro arrives and they duel until Romero leaves. Romero says to give him the money or the girl will die. Next we see Romero arriving at the kidnappers’ lair with a man in the monk’s robe that Gregorio wore before. The monk is really Zorro and he holds Romero at gunpoint. But Pablo is ruthless and doesn’t need Romero and so he shoots him. As the kidnappers are defeated Pablo grabs Anna Maria and threatens to kill her with his knife. Sgt Garcia gets free from the ropes that had tied his hands, comes up behind Pablo and puts him in a chokehold. Zorro has to stop Garcia from killing Pablo. Later Anna Maria and her father are leaving for Spain and Diego is seeing them off. Anna Maria gives Diego a letter to give to Zorro and makes him promise he will not read it. In the last two minutes of the episode Diego arrives home and asks Bernardo to bring his Zorro costume. There are at least five hiding places for the various items and Bernardo brings them, as Diego slowly gets dressed. When he is fully transformed Zorro reads Anna Maria’s letter.


No comments:

Post a Comment