Saturday 4 January 2020

January 4, 1990



Thirty years ago today

            When I got home from work I got a call from another woman in response to my ad. Since both this woman and “Baby” are Jamaican and in their early twenties, I figured it was too much of a coincidence that both of them would have come across my ad in two separate Now Magazines. It seemed fairly certain they were friends and I suspected that Baby was sitting in the room with her while she was calling me.
            We didn’t talk for as long as I did with Baby because she wasn’t as chatty. As soon as I answered the phone she almost demanded that I explain my ad. I asked her to tell me about herself but she only gave me a physical description. She’s 157.5 cm tall, she weighs 51 kilograms, she’s twenty years old and has long brown hair.
            She asked for my address so she could send me a picture.
            This had been a strangely interesting but painfully mysterious year so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment