Tuesday 21 January 2020

January 21, 1990



Thirty years ago today

            After midnight I had several dances in a row with the little lady in red who told me her name was Chocula. She looked part Chinese and part African and said she was from Trinidad. We shared one very nice slow dance.
            I got back to the bar two minutes late to buy another beer and so boy was I thirsty for the rest of the night.
            The whole time I was at Cutty’s I asked five women to dance but only one said yes. I wondered why I bothered at all.
            I went home to sleep and after I woke up the day was uneventful until the early evening. I was sitting and reading in a chair while Nancy was lying down. Suddenly she began to scream and I went over to comfort her. She said that there’s a lot she keeps bottled up inside.
            That night I took Nancy out to a bar for her first ever drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment