Monday 20 January 2020

My First Bedroom Conquest in Twenty Years


            On Sunday morning I started working out the chords for “Rocking Chair" by Serge Gainsbourg. There was one set of chords posted online but they are over simplified and I’m hearing more than they indicate.
            I worked on writing my Food Bank Adventure.
            I finished washing my bedroom floor and only realized then that I’d completed cleaning the floor on the whole west side of my apartment. Taking into account what I’ve already done on the west side of the kitchen there is really only about a third of the floor of my whole apartment left to do. Mind you there will be a lot of work to washing that final third because it’s very black in sections and there is a lot of furniture to move in order to get it done. But I won’t be working on the floor for a while now because there is lots of work to do in organizing the storage shelf in the bedroom and cleaning and organizing the shelves on the west side of the kitchen. I don’t think I’ll get back to the floor until school is finished in April. Maybe it will be finished before summer.


            I had a quarter of my homemade pizza for lunch.
            In the afternoon I did some exercises while listening to Amos and Andy. In this story, while Sapphire is visiting her mother in New Jersey, Kingfish gets them both evicted in New York. When Sapphire finds out she leaves him. He starts thinking that might be a good thing because he’ll be free of all the nagging. He meets a man who wants to hire a butler and drive out to live in California. Kingfish convinces him to hire him. He thinks he’ll finally be free but when his boss comes to pick him up he is told to sit in the back with the housekeeper. The housekeeper is Sapphire.
            For dinner I had another quarter of my homemade pizza with a beer while watching Zorro.
            This story begins with Diego being grabbed from behind by someone with a knife in an alley. He says he is going to kill him but then Diego flips him and he sees that his attacker is his old friend the notorious practical joker Ricardo. As they catch up Ricardo reveals that he’s met the woman of his dreams and he asks Diego to help him serenade her. He comes along but when the senorita comes out onto her balcony she turns out to be Anna Maria Verdugo. Diego and Ricardo become rivals for Anna Maria’s affections. They all arrange to go riding together the next day but the night before Garcia comes to arrest Diego because a man calling himself Julius Caesar has signed a complaint declaring that Diego stole his horse. Diego spends the night in jail but then Ricardo comes with Anna Maria to tell Garcia that it was all a joke and Diego is released. They are about to go riding when Ricardo overhears some men say they are going to rob Garcia and Reyes as they are transporting the payroll. Ricardo warns Garcia but he takes no heed because he thinks it is another practical joke. Bernardo has also overheard about the planned robbery and warns Diego. He tells Anna Maria and Ricardo to start the ride without him and along the way they find Garcia and Reyes tied to a tree. Both Ricardo and Zorro go after the thieves, jump them and quickly stop them. Anna Maria’s horse has run away and she asks Zorro to take her back to the hacienda. As Zorro and Anna Maria ride away Ricardo smiles and says, “We shall meet again.” I’m guessing that he might recognize that his friend Diego is Zorro.
            Sergeant Garcia is played by Henry Calvin, who had a rich baritone singing voice and sometimes sang on Zorro as well as many of the other Disney shows and movies in which he appeared. He sang “Never Smile at a Crocodile" in "Babes in Toyland". He did a skit on the Dick Van Dyke show in which he and Van Dyke impersonated Laurel and Hardy.



            

No comments:

Post a Comment