Sunday 26 January 2020

January 26, 1990



Thirty years ago today

            I wrote a letter to Tom and got the big envelope ready for sending my submissions to the magazine that his commune publishes.
I continued to fight this stuffy, raw and coughy feeling that’d been bugging me lately and I didn’t feel much like eating or drinking anything besides fruit and juice.
I was going to go out to Cutty’s that night but I got literally dragged into Louise’s apartment to drink beer with her, Judy and a bunch of East African guys. It was pretty boring but somewhat interesting. It’s amazing what attitudes spring up when people are drinking.
The East African guys all knew my Kenyan friend Ibrahim. One of them thought he was “fucked”.
Louise got mad at Judy for mentioning her mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment