Tuesday 14 January 2020

January 14, 1990


Thirty years ago today

January 14, 1990

            Midnight found me in a West Indian nightclub called Cutty’s Hideaway. I found it too big, too dark and overcrowded. There were lots of beautiful black women but they didn’t seem interested in white guys. I was working up the nerve to find out for sure but the girls kept moving around, meeting their dates or being asked to dance.
            I was reluctant to leave after having paid a $10 cover but I was discouraged and decided to split. Just then a white woman who had been sitting nearby asked me to dance. Not long after we were on the floor she took my hands, put them around her and drew me close. I think she liked the feel of my big basket rubbing up against her

No comments:

Post a Comment