Tuesday 28 January 2020

January 28, 1990



Thirty years ago today

            I got home from Cutty’s at 4:00 and went to bed feeling very depressed that the three women I’d asked to dance had turned me down.
            I was still down in the dumps when I got up but also dehydrated. I tried to phone Brenda but there was no answer and so I went out to buy some Coke. Brenda called later in the evening when Nancy was there and it turned out that when I had gone out to the store she had come by to my place. She said she’d been depressed and thinking about me just like I had been about her. She hinted that she missed me and told me that sometimes she thinks I’m the only one that understands her. She said she'd been having sexual problems with Glen and explained that they weren't having sex because he was abstaining.
She said she might visit me on Thursday to have me cut her hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment