Friday 3 January 2020

Half Clean Under the Middle



            On Thursday morning the Coffeetime was still open so it seems fairly certain that they got an extension on their lease. That means I’ll still have a fairly strong free wifi signal.
            I finished memorizing “Bébé gai” by Serge Gainsbourg and started working out the chords.
            In the late morning I finally got back into my floor-washing project. I cleaned half the area on which the middle dresser on the east side of my bedroom sits.
            A little after noon I went down to Freshco. I needed fruit and I needed milk. They had grapes that were in fairly good shape, plus the cherries from Chile are now in season. I got three bags of grapes, two bags of cherries and a pint of blueberries. I bought three bags of 0% milk and a box of spoon size shredded wheat.
            I rode straight to Freedom Mobile to pay for my January plan. My former yoga student Betina was there struggling with her phone. She said they are charging her for a Google account. That didn't make any sense. I have a Google account and I’m not charged for it. I wished Betina a Happy New Year and we did a one-armed hug thing.
            I had cherries, chickpeas and yogourt for lunch.
            In the afternoon I did my exercises while listening to Amos and Andy. In this story Kingfish and Sapphire decide to get rid of their old upright piano and to get a new one. Kingfish sells it to dealer for $25 but then Sapphire tells him she’d gotten it appraised and found out that it’s a $1200 antique. The dealer says he’ll sell it back to him for $100 but Kingfish only has $25. He pretends that he’s become a psychiatrist and that Andy has a nervous condition resulting from having $100 too much. Andy doesn't bite and so Kingfish admits the real problem. Andy says he’ll lend Kingfish the money but they find out a rich woman has bought it. They go to Mrs Underwood and convince her that they represent the Metropolitan Museum and that she should donate it because Mozart wrote all his music with it. The next day she calls Kingfish and says she was donating it. Kingfish asks when he can pick it up but she tells him she already shipped it to the museum.
            I worked on my poem series “My Blood in a Bug”.
            I had my last lamb chop, three small potatoes and some gravy while watching the first episode of the new season of Doctor Who.
            Spoiler alert!
            Spies are being eliminated, possibly by aliens. MI6 rounds up the Doctor and her team and are taking them to the head of the agency when the car is hacked, kills the agents and tries to kill them. The Doctor unhacks the car and meets with C. They learn their leads are Daniel Barton, the head of a Google type organization called VOR. Yasmin and Ryan go to see him in San Francisco while the Doctor and Graham go to Australia to meet Agent O, who is the only member of MI6 that has been gathering data of extraterrestrials.
            Using equipment from MI6 Yasmin and Ryan learn that Barton has 7% alien DNA.
            The aliens seem to be energy in human shape. One of them envelops Yasmin and she is transported to a desolate and unearthly place. Meanwhile in Australia Agent O’s house in the middle of the Outback is surrounded by aliens. O catches several of them in a containment field and there is only one left. The Doctor contains the alien but it changes places with Yasmin. The Doctor, her team and O go after Barton but he escapes on a plane. Once on the plane Agent O reveals himself to be The Master. Barton is not in the plane but there is a bomb in the pilot seat. The Master tells the Doctor that everything she knows is a lie.
            The story will be continued on Sunday and so I probably won’t get to download it until Monday.
            I’m disappointed that the Master is no longer Missy. I don’t really like the Doctor having a team of three people. I think Yasmin would be enough. Even though I like the new Doctor there’s actually a lot of magic from the last two series that’s missing in this one. I miss Matt Lucas, River Song and the companions whose very existence was tied into the story arcs. The writing and production too are lacklustre compared to before.

No comments:

Post a Comment