Monday 10 February 2020

February 10, 1990


Thirty years ago today

            I got up in the early afternoon. At around 15:30 I went over to the Salvation Army thrift store where I bought a shirt. Then I walked west on Queen Street all the way to University, checking out record stores as I went along. I picked up Leonard Cohen’s “I’m Your Man” for $3.00.
            On the way back I stopped at the Squeeze Club where I had some vegetarian chilli and a few beers. The waiter noticed my album and told me he’s really into Cohen too but he didn’t seem to understand the lyrics.
            I walked home and listened to the album right away.
            I was on my way out to have a beer just as Nancy was getting home.
            She was playing the record when I got back.

No comments:

Post a Comment