Wednesday 19 February 2020

February 19, 1990



Thirty years ago today

            I worked with GG all day and in the afternoon we went to this closed down variety store to take out all the shelving. The place was full of cat shit and ripped apart packages of kibble. There were also a lot of human food items that I helped myself to such as Aunt Jemima pancake mix, Raisin Bran, Minute Rice and cans of chicken gravy. I hoped the stuff hadn’t gone bad.
            GG dropped me off at my place on the way back to Mimico.
            For at least a month I’d been making tapes of Leonard Cohen songs in an order starting with my most favourite lyrics.  But I kept on buying new albums and would have to rearrange the order.
            Lately at the end of every day I’d had this nagging sense that nothing had been accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment