Sunday 16 February 2020

February 16, 1990



Thirty years ago today

            In the evening I went to dinner at a place on Queen West called Squirrelly’s. The place was nearly empty when I arrived. I was just getting ready to order when an attractive woman came in and sat at the table next to mine. She had bluish-green hair at the top of which was tied a white ceramic bone in the style of Pebbles Flintstone. She knew the waiter by name and began to complain to him right away that she had just been abused at the Squeeze Club and she would never go there again. I inquired as to the nature of the abuse and we began to chat.
We talked until the waiter brought our meals and then he suggested, with a good sense of the appropriate that we sit together. So I joined her at her table.
It turned out that she was Nathalie of Nathalie’s Bakery and Café on Queen Street that had just moved down from Davenport.

No comments:

Post a Comment