Monday 3 February 2020

New Toilet



            On Sunday morning I finished posting my translation of “Nazi Rock” by Serge Gainsbourg. The next song I work on will be his "Tata Teutonne” (Ta Ta Teutonic), which continues to make fun of the Teutonic ideals of the Nazis like most of the other songs from his 1975 “Rock Around the Bunker” album.
            Around 12:30 my landlord knocked extremely loudly on my door to tell me that the water would be shut off at 14:00. Then he said he called me two minutes earlier and wondered why I didn’t answer. I told him I didn’t have the ringer on. Then he started talking about going to a lawyer and suing me and I wondered if it would be for not answering my phone. He said that he’d sue me next time there’s a leak in my toilet. I asked when there was a leak in my toilet and he said last year. I said, “You’re going to sue me for last year?” He said, “In the future!” I asked, “You’re going to sue me in the future?" That was hilarious. I said, "Okay, I'll sue you in the future too." He walked away pissed off about my "smart talk".
            I washed another item on the upper shelf in my bedroom. This item is my daughter’s Super Soaker. I don't know why I kept it but even though it's broken it's still functional. I could use it sometime to cool somebody off if they are making trouble under my window. It was broken by this dumb kid that lived up at West Lodge. They were playing squirt guns and the kid got it in the eyes and then smashed my daughter’s Super Soaker on the ground. Imagine playing squirt guns and expecting not to get squirted in the eye! He must get really angry at the rain! Anyway the gun was very visible on the upper shelf and dirty and so I cleaned it.
            I read some more of volume three of the day schools class action documents.
            Raja came and turned off the water and later in the afternoon he turned it back on. He noticed the problem with the toilet and brought up the guy that had been working with him downstairs. They talked in whatever their language is and then Raja told me he is going to change the whole toilet. It seems to me the problem is just the plug in the tank but if he wants to put in brand new equipment I have no complaints. It’ll just be a hassle to have people working in my place for a whole day. I don’t know when he’s going to do it. Maybe Monday.
            I finished reading volume three of the day schools class action suit. There was a lot of repetition from the previous ones. 
            I did my exercises while listening to Amos and Andy. In this story Sapphire has been listening to a radio show called The Happy Harringtons in which the married couple are extremely happy all the time. Sapphire starts comparing her marriage with Kingfish and complaining and it makes their marriage even worse. There is a flashback to when Kingfish first proposed back in Georgia 23 years ago. Andy drove Kingfish to Sapphire’s family house and Kingfish was planning on breaking up with her. But when he heard her say that the whole family was home and that her brother The Strangler was home from a wrestling match and that her father was upstairs cleaning his gun, he decided to propose instead. Kingfish tells Andy that on the night of their honeymoon Sapphire hit him with a vase and he was unconscious for three days. They were the happiest days of his marriage. Kingfish decides to try to save his marriage by imitating the Happy Harringtons but everything that he does, like buy her flowers, giving her candy and taking her out to dinner backfires. Finally they decide to go and meet the Harringtons. But when the Harringtons begin to explain how they started the radio show they begin fighting over whose idea it had been in the first place. The husband gets hit with a vase and so the next night they are temporarily replaced by the Happy Stevenses, who are Kingfish and Sapphire Stevens.
            I downloaded volume 4 of the day schools class action suit documents. There was nothing in the 433 pages that I could use.
            I downloaded volume five and it has some of the same information but in more detail.
            Raja came back with his man and a new toilet. I guess he must have gone to Home Depot. They spent an hour or so installing it. When he left he said, "Keep it nice and clean." What an asshole! I'm okay with the new toilet but I'll miss the chain pulling system that I’d installed. I guess if the lever on this new one fails I can use the chain again.
            I had my last three strips of bacon, an egg and a loaf of naan for dinner with a beer while watching Zorro. In this story Anita (played by Annette Funicello) continues to look for her father. Many people in Los Angeles suspect that she is making things up. Diego tries to help her by inquiring of the local mail man but he has seen no letters sent from anyone named Cabrillo to Spain and no letters from Spain addressed to him. Anita suddenly remembers that she can prove that her father sent her letters because she has brought them with her. But when she looks for them in her trunk they are gone. Sgt Garcia says that, because of her age, Anita cannot legally stay in Los Angeles without her father and so she must go back to Spain. Alejandro books passage for her on a ship but on hearing that she runs away. She offers one of the ranch hands gold to take her to the Mission San Fernando so she can ask for help from the padre that came over on the boat with her. But the vaquero and his friend take her into the mountains to rob her. She runs and goes over a cliff but lands on a narrow ridge. The bad men are trying to knock her off when Zorro arrives and rescues her. When he takes her home he asks her to promise to not run off again but she refuses and says she will do what she must to find her father.
            Annette Funicello was exquisitely beautiful and charming but she was really a lousy actor. She sang a pleasant song in the middle of the episode called, “Lonely Guitar”.



No comments:

Post a Comment