Sunday 23 February 2020

February 23, 1990



Thirty years ago today

            In the morning I couldn’t find a sweater I was looking for and so I tore everything out of the closet.
            I worked with Norm all day.
            On the way home I shopped for gel, deodorant and groceries.
            When Nancy came home I found out that she had worn my sweater. She also said she had to take the electric typewriter back to her sister. I found that interesting because two days before that Ibrahim had taken his stereo and so it felt like the gods of technology were abandoning me.
            I went for dinner at what turned out to be a Yugoslavian restaurant. It was strange because unlike most ethnic restaurants that want to share their cuisine with the rest of Toronto this was a Yugoslavian restaurant for Yugoslavians. Even the waitress couldn’t speak English. I had some bland fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment