Monday 24 February 2020

February 24, 1990



Thirty years ago today

            I had a nice 69 with Nancy in the morning.
            I went downtown to get copies made of my second collage. The coloured ones needed to be slightly reduced in order to fit the paper but they looked spectacular. The colour was richer than the original. The black and white copy was disappointing because it was too dark in the lightest parts.
            I had to wait until 18:00 to pick up some film and that was an hour away and so I went to the Bamboo Club for a beer. I was sitting and perusing my collages when the person at the table next to mine told me they looked fantastic. He said it was very similar to some of the popular stuff being done at the time by some Japanese commercial artists. On the way home that evening I stopped at the Squeeze Club and I got a similar reaction from someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment