Saturday 11 July 2020

July 11, 1990: Yvette was a Scientologist. She did not appreciate my jokes about brainwashing


Thirty years ago today

After work I bought a duck and celery, mushrooms, parsley and onion for dressing. The plan was to stuff and roast it the next day after it had thawed.
Judy came over feeling depressed over Alvis and talked my ear off for a couple of hours.
I finished reading the biography of Paul McCartney and then Nancy came over. Although she'd been receiving collagen injections for the last two months her lips didn't look any bigger to me.
I talked with Yvette on the phone and found out she was a Scientologist. She didn't appreciate me referring to it as brainwashing. She'd bought tickets for us to go to the laser show at the Planetarium for the next Saturday. She asked me to bring some of my writing for our date. She invited me over but I didn't feel like going.


No comments:

Post a Comment