Saturday 18 July 2020

July 18, 1990: I called Yvette to ask what I should bring to her barbecue and she said "Condoms!"



Thirty years ago today

I got home at 17:45, shaved, showered, changed my clothes and then called Yvette to ask if I should bring anything. She said, "Condoms!" I grabbed a couple of those and some of my writing as she'd requested.
On the streetcar someone across the aisle called to me. It was one of the Indigenous sisters that I'd met on December 30th, two days before I started writing this journal. I had hoped to get together with Gale on New Years Eve but apparently she had lost my number and then had gone back to the Northwest Territories. Her sister said Gale would be in town soon and so I gave her my number to give to her.
Yvette and I had a private barbecue, she read some of my stuff and then we made love.

No comments:

Post a Comment