Wednesday 8 July 2020

July 8, 1990: Yvette called to say she wanted me to come over and hold her, so I did


Thirty years ago today

            I went to bed at 2:30 and got up at 8:30.
            I did quite a bit of artwork and finished up two collages. I also cleaned up a lot and although the place was still a pig sty I was finally able to get around.
            I went downtown to make copies of my collages but the Kinkos stores at both Queen and Spadina and Bloor and Spadina were closed.
            I went to a book store and bought a brand new edition of Leonard Cohen's Beautiful Losers.
I walked along Bloor to Christie Station, took the subway to Dundas West and walked home from there. On the way I found a lawn sale where I bought David Bowie's "The Man Who Sold the World" for a dollar.
            Yvette called and said she was depressed. She wanted me to come over and hold her and so I did and spent the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment